PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA PPL Proficiency Check in Ireland - Any where i can do it
Old 13th Jun 2015, 09:57
abrady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA PPL Proficiency Check in Ireland - Any where i can do it

Hi There,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice on a couple of issues I have with my PPL and renewal.
I did not pay enough attention to when my PPL SEP rating should have been revalidated, and missed the date to have it done by so I left flying for a while after that.

My licence was issued on the 26-08-11, but I should have revalidated by 03-04-13, this is the mistake I made, I thought I had until August 2013 not April.

So I now i think i have to pass a proficiency check.
This has to be completed at an Approved Training Organisation. Does this have to be CAA approved or EASA, could I do all this with a school in Ireland with an IAA examiner as that is where I live, or do I have to go to a CAA approved school in the UK or Northern Ireland. I also need a ready to test form, this is why i'm not sure if i can do it in Ireland.

Now my licence is up for renewal by 25-08-16, do I need to have a valid SEP rating before I can do this. And when it is renewed will it be an EASA licence.

Or can I just renew it and not have a valid rating meaning I’m grounded. And all I have to do is pass a proficiency check whenever.
Once a proficiency check is passed does the renew date come from the date of that pass 2 years on or from the original revalidation date.

Once I let my SEP rating expire does it matter when I revalidate.

I hope you can make sense of that, and really appreciate your help in answering my questions.

Many Thanks

Last edited by abrady; 13th Jun 2015 at 15:49. Reason: cannot You 'revalidate' a rating once it has expired. You have to 'renew' it.