PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 13th Jun 2015, 09:08
ShotOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Lemmings?

Having read the P40's thread, I commend his petition against P2F. But this issue isn't going to be won or lost by petitions. Frankly, as long as would-be pilots are prepared to sign these one-sided and damaging contracts, the problem will continue to get worse.

Please don't think that I'm either unsympathetic, or smugly wishing just to keep my cosy left seat without being bothered by newbie whippersnappers. Far from it. I'll be retired before long but I can keenly remember the hunt for my first job. Even back then, second-rate airlines were offering "buy your type-rating/job" schemes/scams. I didn't do it, tempting though it was. Today's wannabes are the future of our industry. But what future? P2F employers offer amongst the poorest conditions in the industry. So when you get the brochure with a young pilot pictured wearing shiny gold braid, please READ the contract and think very carefully on what future you're committing to.