PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2015, 20:24
brhmky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi to ALL

Just finished reading the 110th page of this forum, now another forum ahead to read on this subject. I would like to thank all of you guys here who put their effort to help others , especially to Fratemate and The dominican as I see that they have been writing here for years to help everybody without any expectations.

Currently I am working for a major flag carrier company flying A330 and had flown B737 before that for about a year and I have 2600 hours TT right now. I am really interested in applying for this position as it offers a great flexibility of living anywhere in the world with many other benefits such as a good salary, working in a developed country , a command upgrade etc.. Basically overall it looks like really a great gig which is hard to find and its kinda job that I would keep working for many years and it suits all my needs.

However I am really in a dilemma as I will get upgraded to either a B737 or a320 if I stay here when I have 5000 tt(2.5 years from now on). But the thing is I am not planning to stay here on the long term as I dont like living here. I will either get the job at Air Japan after obtaining 3000 hours and having passed all the interview and leave here or I will leave here after my command upgrade and will go for a commutting contract somewhere in the world. So its a go or go decision but the question is if I should wait till I get my command upgrade which is almost a guarantee or leave before that and get the job I would be happy with and which have all the aspects I want now and in the future and delay or risk my upgrade..(Ps : Even though I get my command upgrade here I cant apply to Air Japan anymore as they ask for 3000 PIC and only hire captains with Japanese ATPL). But as we all know getting your command is the most important step of this job..

So should I wait for an upgrade living in a place I dont want to live or should I go for Air Japan job where I could be happier but delaying or risking my upgrade ? What do u guys think about it ? What do ur guts tell u ? I want to hear ur opinions based on your experience.

And I would really appreciate if someone can send me the briefing package so I can have a look at it. It would be easier to understand the comments about the similator if I had it !

Thanks in advance and I hope everybody achieves what they want !!