PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Importance of a good Landing
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2015, 17:27
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi framer …

Hmmm … I was reading “marker” as the runway end, threshold marking stripes - primarily due to the fact that he specifically described most of his landings as being "in the touchdown zone" with some additional landings being "greasers" and others being a "WHUMP into the markers," both of which I read as being outside of the touchdown zone. If the correct interpretation was intended to be the “fixed distance” markings, normally placed 1000 feet from the threshold and considered the beginning of the touchdown zone, of course, you are correct. However, normally any “WHUMP” touchdowns - where ever they occur - occur when the pilot isn’t paying very close attention to what is happening. Not necessarily a big deal – as you say – who hasn’t “been there – done that?” However, I go back to the original comment, from someone who lands in the TD zone all of the time – even with the occasional, unexpected “WHUMP” (apparently, also in the touchdown zone) – why say …
Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret
“I've been flying the A320 for seven years and still can't land it. Does that help your query?”
...and if it is appropriate, even with my lack of understanding for that statement, I extend my apologies to Mr. Ferret.

Last edited by AirRabbit; 12th Jun 2015 at 17:38.