PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2015, 16:32
Asdrius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 2 medical with VCL

Hello

I hope someone from this thread can help me.
I am writing from EASA member state Lithuania.

I have a CVD problem, failed Ishiara test and in 2006 I got class 2 medical with VCL restriction (flying only in daytime/VFR). It's a compromise, but I got used to flying only for fun, not commercially, and made a career elsewhere.

Now my national AME does not want to renew my class 2 medical with VCL and asks me to do Anamolascope testing. If I fail that test, I was told my class 2 medical could not be renewed even with VCL restriction. How can that be? I already was succesfully flying for 9years, with over 500 flying hours. She says that new EASA regulations are much more strict regarding colour vision when it was in 2006. Is that true?
Can I challenge this decision?

I found following EU regulation in EASA webpage
https://easa.europa.eu/document-libr...eu-no-11782011
MED.B.075 Colour vision

(d) In the case of Class 2 medical certificates, when the applicant does not have satisfactory perception of colours, his/her flying privileges shall be limited to daytime only.

If I understand correctly according this paragraph I should be given class 2medical with limited to daytime only if I fail all the color vision tests.
I can't see any logic doing any additional CVD testing, if even If I fail them all, I should get the same limitation I have now.
Closest Anamolscope test facility is over 5hours driving time away from me, these tests ain't cheap.

Can I get class 2 VCL medical license in UK, or any other EASA member state if I fail Ishiara plates and without any additional expensive CVD testing?

Regards

Last edited by Asdrius; 16th Jun 2015 at 14:30. Reason: Added more information