PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More resignations at easyJet...
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2003, 07:07
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All you lads and lasses flying to Malaga - get yourself on the BA website (ba.com) and you will find GB Airways offers great deals from Gatwick and Heathrow. On nearly all occasions when I have compared like with like, GB were cheaper. (I am biased but it is true - plus you get posh seats, more leg room and a meal thrown in!)

Apart from that, what is really the truth at easyJet? I am aware of a number of very experienced FOs and Captains who are looking at easyJet but are being scared off by all this negative PR. Are they about to go down the pan or is this just a little blip in life's rich tapestry? The impression given is that your man RW is so out of touch and unpopular that he has to go. Very similar to the situation that existed at BA with Bob Ayling before his departure. Rod Eddington has turned out to be very popular with the troops who see he is doing a good job in troubled times.

Time will tell, but they certainly will not be able to recruit the experienced pilots they require with publicity like this thread.