PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular trained Pilots.....are they getting FO positions???
Old 19th Jun 2003, 06:49
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said El D!

And just to give a viewpoint on Obs cop's analysis. With all due respect and I have no idea of your experience level, but your comments do come across as someone who has not spent any time employed in an airline. This is not meant to be derogatory, far from it, I had similar views before I had experience.

Hour building? Just something you did, no airlines cares a less what you did in those 100 odd hours. You mentioned it yourself; whatever route you took you ended up with the same qualification.

As for 'suspicion' concerning modular.......again a non starter. The way I see it is modular is integrated without the 'regimentation'. The training follows very similar patterns. Not a lot of room for suspicion if you do modular full time! No airline is suspicious of what you learnt, Christ all that matters is that you learnt what was required to pass your exams and IR!

El D has hit the nail on the head regarding interviews and jobs. You either have it or you don't. If you do you prepare well and show the determination that is required to succeed. If you don't (whatever route of training you took) you fall by the wayside and then end up bitching about how unfair the industry is and how everything was against you and how everyone else is to blame except you........who of course is perfect.

Let's stop trying to put individuals into boxes because of the route they took to licence issue. Not all integrated are 'youngsters' whom Daddy is paying for and not all modular are career changers with 15 years of 'adult' life experience. They are all individuals who picked a route because it suited them best. It makes no difference in the big scheme of things. Just get qualified and build some hours whilst keeping current and working like hell to make your own luck..................................

Good luck (to those who strive for it)

PP