PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Happy 75th Anniversary to all RAF Fighter Controllers and ABMs
Old 12th Jun 2015, 07:56
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
CoffmanStarter ... Yeah, I can't remember what half of it was now! But by zooming on my original .jpg I can see ....

Top left was the electronic FL display, managed from the relevant console, giving Store #, FL, climb/descend/level. This enable you to see what your mate's aircraft was doing and hopefully avoid the need to coordinate with him! It also gave the Allocator a clear indication of how busy each console was, and whether more needed to be opened. Below that the Regional QNH and forecast winds at various FLs. Also a bit that currently says "Contrails At/Above FL 340

Centre panel was current USAF Base c/s, then LARS frequencies and active Danger Areas.

To the right, Initial Contact frequencies for a load of other Units and their SSR Codes, and Radar serviceability states. Airfield weather bottom right, for our Centralised Approach Control airfields.

All that managed by 2 Assistants [at the desk on the left], with their little ladder [on the right] and a large box of perspex numbers to be slotted into the rails on the Tote.

Legible .jpg available on request via PM