PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gustave Whitehead: First in Flight breaking news
Old 12th Jun 2015, 03:11
skyhighfallguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it seems to me there was another thread like this from some troll with nothing to do in alaska.

much has been said about old gustav. even "JANES" made a big thing about it, even though "JANES" (the airplane, aeroplane, flhying machine part) wasn't published until 6 years after the WRIGHTs flew.

Let's think about this. The Wrights were secretive with some advice from the best patent attorney in ohio. But with their French triumphs they were well known. did gustav complain then?

no

Did someone in the great state of Connecticut contact the state legislation THEN (circa 1908/1909) to pass a statement of first flight? NO.

Did old Gustav get in his plane and circle a major city dropping leaflets saying: I WAS FIRST THE WRIGHTS AREN'T RIGHT. NO.

Is Gustav's picture on my airman's certificate as issued by the FAA. NO, its the WRIGHTs, not GUSTAV.

Is there a giant park maintained by the Federal Govt of the USA to celebrate Gustav? NO.
To the Wrights? YES.

Did the apollo astronauts take a piece of Gustav's plane to the moon ? No...but the Wrights were so honored.

This gustav thing is someone's idea of making money, not correcting the wrongs of history.

If you put an engine, a prop, a fuel tank on a barn door it will probably jump up into the air. But you can't make it really fly .

and if you want to really say who was first in flight, wasn't it Dadelus?

IF there was an aeronautical mount rushmore, Wilbur, Orville, Charles Lindbergh and James Doolittle would be on it. NO GUSTAV