PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Line
Thread: Court Line
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2015, 22:56
WHBM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Equator
An assumption on my as Clarkson and Court Line were so closely linked, seemingly misplaced, my apologies, I guess Dan-air would have provided charters for Clarksons as they did for pretty much every travel company, only sorry I never got to fly on one of their Comets.
I believe I am correct here, although others posting are the experts :

Court did the bulk of Clarksons flights from the London area, flying from Luton. They also did flights in some years from Bristol and Cardiff, but in other years these were done by Cambrian instead (ironically, with the One-Eleven 400s sold off by Autair when the Court conversion happened).

Dan-Air ran Comets for Clarksons from other bases, being Gatwick (not as extensive a programme as that from Luton), Manchester, Teesside (not Newcastle) and Glasgow. They did operate for most other travel companies, but I think Clarksons might nevertheless have been Dan-Air's No 1 charterer.

Court probably had a few other minor charterers, but the only other major one I have reference for was Student Travel Service, who did summer charters (not ITs), generally midweek, for students from Luton to various European points not normally associated with UK holiday flights, like Frankfurt or Copenhagen.

It's probably far too many years too late now, but if anyone has a Court internal "timetable", or ops plan, for the fleet from high summer when everything was fully deployed, those of use who follow UK airline history would be keen to preserve it.