PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible new humanitarian/rescue operation coming up.
Old 11th Jun 2015, 21:19
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well all those points you mention actually seem to work outside the RN y'know? People seem happier outside working like that. If Bulwark operates as it does, what's wrong with the Albion's ghost crew coming into the mix? i.e. operate two crews on the one platform?
Then you get two crews gaining a wide range of experience>useful if Albion ever has to be activated?
Or is the RN so run down now (which we all know it is really), this could not even be managed?
Like I said< at the top, I worry for the lads welfare, morale, wellbeing-even now. This whole op will continue until the politicians grow tired of it. Bulwark will be stuck trailing around now until when exactly?
HMS Ocean was in a terrible state when it completed its tasking offshore Libya. People were reduced to sleeping on the flight deck, AC and machinery had broken down..pretty miserable towards the end apparently...the RN in the 21st century. Do the people who are doing the donkey work deserve such derision?
I never forget the people who prop the RN up. They deserve the breaks, sometimes.
Civvy street offshore oil and gas industry is tough at times, be in no doubt, but we are so better treat and managed and paid in these matters...perhaps time now for the RN to really have a look at this, not just people to deride the simple suggestion? HS.