PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yeovilton Air Day
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2015, 16:37
Sleeve Wing

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks Lordflasheart, Beags and Courtney Mil. I'll have a look at your suggestions.
Yes, I've finally retired, CM, after first flying an Auster in 1954.

Mick Strigg ? Well, what do I say to someone who has no discernible profile ?

>>> Sadly I won't be going - You won't be missed, <<<

That's right, Mr.Strigg, I probably won't be missed. We're from a Fleet Air Arm era of fixed wing pilots that the Government has chosen to deplete to the point of extinction.

>>> - Yes. We no longer live in a "something for nothing" world and if you cannot afford to come (unlike others that spend hundreds on travel and hotels to be there) then don't bleat about it. <<<

Bleating is not the term I would have used or even the suggestion of a "something for nothing" world, a period no doubt during which you were probably brought up.

I was prepared to revisit a place where I spent rather a lot of time making my limited contribution. I was prepared to pay, and contribute again, for the privilege.......but not a
ridiculous amount. As has been mentioned, I don't require a lot of ATC assistance or even take up a lot of space. A simple, uncomplicated return was all I had in mind.

Btw, as you'll probably have the last word, note that I don't intend to waste further argument with someone of such ill-conceived, egotistical views. Just remember, if it wasn't for some of us who have participated in the past at various air shows, you wouldn't be having your "full blown air display". Enjoy your day.

Last edited by Sleeve Wing; 11th Jun 2015 at 16:39. Reason: Spelling