PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 11th Jun 2015, 11:28
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stikybeke
I agree with you Yr Right.

I thought however in your experience as an expert witness in courts that you would be across who pays for legal representation etc. As you would know if you are called in that capacity by a court then such representation is provided by the court so that shouldn't be an issue for you given your knowledge and experience.

If however you are a lay person that does'nt have the benefit of your exposure in this regard then that's why you or the company you work for have insurance. If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about and your insurance will back you.

If however you knowingly do something wrong and that can be proved that when you did or didn't do it you knew that your actions or inactions would have a life threatening result then problem could possibly belong'em you big time.

As for an individual's choice whether to take due regard to issues of compliance then that is up to them. As you've often stated an individuals choice concerning the safety of loved one's being carried in a poorly maintained aircraft can only rest with the person concerned. It's a choice that would surely weight heavily on anyone's mind. I strongly doubt that any of the posters on this thread would fall into that category.

I'm guessing that Scheduled maintenance as per MR / AD requirements would be a form of proactive maintenance when coupled with SB's across the board as opposed to reactive (unscheduled) maintenance if I follow your drift correctly in which case your quote:

Is quite relevant and quite accurate I would hope.

Stiky
I'm sorry but I think you missed the point.
The objective is to provide a high level of maintenance and hence keep myself out of the court system.
One case we one it still cost over $30k to prove that we was right. And this was just a case of a vindictive Awi no
Accident no incident. Who paid for that. My mate paid for that. I have my time for free. I don't get your point at all. The objective is not court. Court is a failure. There are no winners everyone pays except Casa. That's why I've previously said that they need to held accountable for their actions.
So what if I'm deamed to be a fault because I didn't do a SB because the owner didn't won't to do it. Why should I and when I say I I am talking about ever lame have to take that responsibility for someone else desire to do a particular job. So at what stage do I stop doing maintenance. If I make a mistake then that's my responsibility not yours if you make that mistake why should it be mind again. Because if I release it then I am saying the aircraft is in a fit and proper state for flight. Not you.