PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2015, 11:05
dusty crop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub.

Point taken about spelling however i did not realise we had to use spell check here or be word perfect my apologies.
I also agree with you that the training and crm is indeed a very high standard however i know of two cadets recently failing type rating exams and we all know of pilots not making it through line training.It does happen and quite rightly so and it is not often discussed on pprune.

Having read SOME of your posts here you remind me of my old mentor and training captain who we used to call victor meldrew from the comedy show one foot in the grave but who i actually quite respected.
This thread is related to age and starting training and such issues as life experience are bound to be discussed and your opinion that people with life experience have nothing else to offer is very much misguided .One of the major attributes of life experience is ability to cope in stressfull situations.
It is worth noting that the iata recomendations state that the thirty to fifty age bracket has statistically been proven to be the most productive age bracket in terms of learning ability etc.
Perhaps you would like to give us your educated opinion on airlines who take on people for type ratings and make considerable profits on those said type ratings and put people in hold pools for years maybe at a time also your opinion on mpl licences instead of nit picking but that is going off thread.
Apologies to all for typos or spelling errors.