PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 11th Jun 2015, 02:06
Perspective

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really what I was saying yr Rgt,
The comment was made previously about airlines having their own requirements, but even with their own robust SOM's, they were made to comply,

"Details were required to be provided when manufacturers’ recommendations were acted upon and a full technical justification recorded when they were not"

After I was informed we had to comply with mfg Data Bla bla, the comment was also made to me that any devience from such requirements, required justification from the CofR holder, but would not exclude my obligations or
Responsability.

We used to joke that it seemed every single SB, Mod, whatever was incorporated on our fleet as directed by Boeing, maybe to avoid what happened to Ansett and to avoid,
"CASA warned Ansett of its intention to issue a notice giving Ansett 14 days to show cause why its air operators certificate and certificate of approval should not be withdrawn"

The challenges facing Ansett were obviously far wider and bigger than just this issue, but highlights how CASA approached them in this particular regard.