PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2015, 00:57
busdriver007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the rush? Given the AIPA President's scare mongering and the fact Alan Joyce congratulated him is more the reason to vote NO. Let me get this straight we have a new set of terms and conditions written into the current agreement(Which allows for a reduction in numbers) means that unless this is massive expansion then all junior crew unable to hold seniority to remain on the A380 will experience these T&Cs which by the way means a 50% paycut for crew currently on the A380 and 40% drop given the flying these aircraft will do compared to the A330. The B747 could easily be gotten rid of in two years and the A380 for that matter. The fact there is still Wide-Bodied positions in Jetstar for a major loss-making long haul operation seem to me that the Long Haul pilot body are able to sell themselves down the drain. I have retired but not before time! As an aside Merrill Lynch have predicted a 62 cent dollar by the end of 2016! This year the CEO and senior management team at Qantas will set records around the world for the biggest bonuses in an airline since the GFC. All this for an airline that has NOT transformed at all!