PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 10th Jun 2015, 20:17
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jas24zzk
I always understood CAAP's to be an advisory publication. You should consider it, but you don't HAVE to comply
Well jaz you a quite correct. Yes a caap is not law. But couple that with the LBS and it is. If you elect to do shedule 5 it will be on your log book statement which now you have to do it IAW. This now makes the caap a legal document. As the caap state how to do shed 5. I would like to see anyone try and make a defense against that in a court. And this is what the problem is. While all the parts are flying in formation it's when it dose not the problems arise. They start at the front and stop at the rear nav light. Everything is looked at. You will be charged on anything that is not right.
Someone earlier said on how the judge feels on the day. Wrong. They have rules as well. And as for the word recommend as I've said before in court that means you have to do it. Why because it's already gone to court and that's what was determined.