PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAL Tentative Agreement $$$$$$
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2015, 16:49
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neptune

What needs to be grasped but often is not - is that the relationship between Delta and its pilot group is one entity against another as it is for AF, LH etc.

The relationship between EK mgt and its pilots - is EK AGAINST YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL. There is no pilot group here nor was there when you joined.

We rely on the fairness of our employer, the pitch back then led us all to believe that equanimity was abundant - that changed with GFC and AAR.

We are all big boys and we knew that when we arrived. It doesn't make it right, so complain we will but there is no action that can be taken except electing to stay or go.

On the "all the yanks are leaving" note. Not so. For different reasons - but mainly age of Dads & kids. 42-44 seems to be the vig - exceptions of course - on both sides of the number.

I was burned once in the U.S. as a result of 9-11 - it was a very expensive and painful lesson that left a six year scar. I'm extremely reticent about going to the bottom of a seniority list regardless of the current trend as a result of that life lesson that was a hard graft to overcome.

Remember one very important component : As a Capt; if you leave here and go to the a major you lose the LHS currency of that wide body that is a critical back up for the unexpected twists that can occur. It's not just leaving EK, it's closing off what could potentially be very lucrative 2on 2off - month on month off etc that are monetarily trending higher in Asia.

The older I get the more options I like.

We all live and learn.

f.

Last edited by fliion; 10th Jun 2015 at 17:01.