PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAL Tentative Agreement $$$$$$
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2015, 16:11
Neptune Spear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz do you think the American majors have a monopoly on the their very cherished work rules and they and only they can pay their pilots what they do? These work rules are available at Emirates and everywhere else but the management that does such a fantastic job of ruining our lives chooses not to give us those enviable conditions and we as pilots accept these sub par conditions.
How do I propose to get their work rules and salary if one can not work in the states? By demanding what other wodebody airlines have! I know it is a pipe dream at Emirates for a variety of reasons but what about other widebody carriers? Qantas, air France, Lufthansa, Delta and Brittish Airways all have pretty good work rules, salary and Quality of Life especially compared to us. why don't we have what they have? It is a travesty. We seemed to get lumped in with the LCCs narrow body category and that just isn't logical or fair.
There is a worldwide pilot shortage now and the crap airlines are having trouble filling pilot positions. I'm sure you noticed Emirates lowered their requirements again. Can you say Turbo Prop pilots? If you believe what is coming out of Recruitment. I know Delta is not having trouble getting pilots either is Air France or British Airways. There is definitely a pilot pay shortage. An airline has to pay to play and we as Emirates pilots are sorely lacking in every conceivable category.
You might see it as me coming across as a braggart but I have got to tell you knowing there is only 70 plus days of this crap is a tremendous weight lifted off my shoulders. I can't tell you what the last 3-4 weeks have been for me and my family knowing I got my ticket. I wish everyone at Emirates that wants to get out can get out. There are plenty of really good jobs out there and most are not in the states but Emirates would rather lower their requirements than pay money. Me thinks that will bite them in the ass long term.