PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 10th Jun 2015, 14:21
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
----- as you keep going on about the difference in safety between USA and Australia please define.
yr rrrrr wrong,

The published statistics, using publicly available figures, are quite clear, and indeed the deterioration in the Australian GA record compared to the US has recently been remarked.

Using ICAO stand definitions for accidents and incidents, Australia's GA accident rate has deteriorated, in the last 15 years, from double the US rate to three times the US rate, in round figures.

The changes are so clear and distinct that any arguments about "statistically insignificance " cannot be sustained.

I have no intention of putting the HC transport here, look it up for yourselves, suffice to say that in every statistical category, the US produces the world's best aviation safety outcomes, and has done for years.

They must be doing something right.

I note with some interest that nobody has taken up my challenge as to whether many Australian C.of A are valid. All you blokes talking about liability for signatories, I would have thought that signing out an MR if the C. of A was not valid would have raised some liability concerns.

Tootle pip!!