PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith awarded AC
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2015, 12:45
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the laugh Horatio

Remember the Journos are General Public too. Their ignorance reflects that of the GP... as does their apathy.
Isn't their professional mantra to report the facts accurately?

Quote:
dimwitted journalists to lazy to get a story factually correct.
....that's too lazy. Smart enough and sharp enough to get their spelling correct usually, I would bet.
Actually. They do not spend as much time as they should. In my reply here, I have taken some time and effort to spell each word correctly. From my reading of various newspaper articles, Journalists do not pay that much attention to basic spelling and grammar.

Journos are no more and no less intelligent than the average body of pilots. There are geniuses, there are showponies, there are pains in the arse... just like the average group of pilots or lawyers or doctors.
Journo's only want a byline.

Forgive me - I am not "anti Dick" or "anti reform" and not especially "pro CASA" but Dick is merely threatening to throw a tantrum. He did the same thing to John Anderson if I remember correctly.
And he should. I said it in another thread, the whole industry needs to throw a tantrum, but it won't. Its ATC, PILOTS/OPERATORS, MAINTAINERS AGAINST EACH OTHER, WHILST CASA THROWS FUEL ON THE FIRE.

Where is the RAAA in all this?
Probable doing the same thing as the Gliding Federation....at least gliders are VH and outside CASA's jurisdiction.