PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 10th Jun 2015, 09:16
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In its lbs. you must ADDRESS all sb msb si etc etc etc. also you must have a maintenance controller. Now the lame is NO longer at risk from prosecution if something is missed on the work pak. If you don't do a sb etc you must have a good reason not to. Don't confuse the issue between class a and b. They whist similar they not the same.
Well, folks, yr rrrr has actually got it right, sort of.
As he says above (effectively) you consider SBs by whatever name but it is not mandatory to carry them out, it is a decision of the Registered Operator. At last he admits SB are not mandatory.

I have made no distinction between Class A and Class B, nor is there a difference as far as SBs are concerned. In fact, legally, every Australian registered aircraft must be maintained to a CASA approved maintenance schedule. You have choices, but in the end, the result will be "CASA Approved".

yr rrrrr wrong,
You have no idea who I am or what my aviation background is, but I can say, without fear of contradiction, I have spent a career signing my name to various bits of aviation paperwork, which carry potentially great personal liability. In general. much greater potential personal liability than anything a LAME is ever going to sign.

Some of that has been very directly maintenance related, and at times I have had to wash my hands so that I didn't get big greasy fingermarks on the MR. Such signatures were and are based on the rights and privileges of my aviation professional qualification.

Brainy,
As I have said in a previous post, you have got it right.

As a matter of interest, yr rrrrr wrong's attitude is rare but far from unique amongst LAMEs.

There is a very interesting Flight Safety Foundation study of attitudes of ATC, pilots and LAME in Australia, the mutual contempt each group has towards the other two is quite unique to Australia, just another part of the reason why Australia has a such a poor air safety record, compared to the USA.

I think yr rrrr wrong probably has a balanced personality. a chip in both shoulders.

Somebody said: " You are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts". Clearly, many in the aviation field believe they are exempt from this fact.

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 10th Jun 2015 at 09:35.