PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 10th Jun 2015, 09:06
Brainy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean
Surely you jest. Or misunderstand the intent of the CASA requirements for continuing airworthiness.
I would also be interested in talking to the AWI who told you that only part of SB643 was applicable to your aircraft. PM me his details if it wasn't in confidence, as this is a direct contradiction to both western aust and far north QLD interpretation

Misunderstand perhaps, but jest I do not. However, I am expressing my opinion, not legal fact. I don't expect others' opinions to align with mine, but I'm cool with that. We've had multiple pages of varying opinions, some intelligible some less so, but still not one demonstration of fact that the overhaul of bendix magnetos on calendar time is a mandatory requirement. As to SB643, one does not have to comply with ANY of it. Don't ask your AWI 'do we have to comply with the calendar overhaul of these magnetos?' but rather ask 'are all the manufacturers' SBs now mandatory?'. You might very well get 2 different answers. I have it in writing from CASA that compliance with a SB (that is not incorporated into the aircraft service manual) is not mandatory, and following the advice in the bulletin should be considered by the registered operator, who is responsible for the continued airworthiness of the aircraft. Do you have written advice to the contrary?