PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible new humanitarian/rescue operation coming up.
Old 10th Jun 2015, 07:50
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No mate I fully disagree, after time and observation working within the offshore industry. Our systems work pretty well brilliantly- I'm talking about some highly skilled and able people here, with a similar back to back oppo who are on options of 1 month, some foreign nationals are on 90 days, its pretty variable and it works really well for the lads at the sharp end...keeps their wives happy, kids happy.Looking at the Navy, it needs to modernise itself to get used in the future to full crew changerounds and similar set ups when its on these long never ending drudgery deploys.. Otherwise the exodus of its people will just continue and will degrade much further...people wont wear that kind of life anymore-its a smaller more linked in world-young people know this. We used to do what we did because the people in charge had never done any different, and also due to an insane sort of machismo, and also parsimony of money...trust me Bulwark and all the like will work better on a slow rolling turnaround.

Looking at these new pictures, looks like these African lads will be in Britain long before any of the ratings get home anyway. See linky. Straight out the camp (its not guarded-craftily the eyties know where these lads are really heading and its not a life eating pasta!, Taxi to Rome, pay more cash to a villain and onwards to Calais, then blighty via truck smuggling. New life washing cars and getting girls up the duff.

Mediterranean migrants saved by Royal Navy journey through Europe to Britain | Daily Mail Online
Decision time again then for the politicians, and our hundreds of Admirals. They can continue picking up people and saving them, ferrying them to Italy and thus adding to the migrant problem in Europe and here.
They can cancel the operation and return home.
If they could gather together a coalition of the willing, use other European Navies and Coastguards to actually guard the med and return immediately any Africans back to Africa...
They thus need a safe port/compund in Libya. They need the Libyan Warlords on side (some of them).
Could trigger more fighting in turf wars.
My guess-too politically hot all around so the pick and drop off in Italy will occur indefinitely until Italy says no its had enough..

Last edited by Hangarshuffle; 10th Jun 2015 at 08:06.