PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 10th Jun 2015, 02:29
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First are private owners who wish to maintain their aircraft to their own interpretation of the CASA regulations and wish to find the cheapest rather than the safest method for that maintenance.
That could apply to some, but not most. I can speak for myself and the original poster here, we can afford and do spend almost limitless amounts on maintenance, brainy even more so than me, but it needs to be understood that throwing cash does not equal safe and at times it achieves the exact opposite.

The second are those that maintain aircraft in commercial operations and adhere to the regulations as advised by the AWI responsible for their C of A.
And the problem there is when there is too many wildly differing opinions of AWI's that do not know how to apply the regulations as per the law (and not their opinion) you get wildly conflicting standards across the country. Hence Brainy's questioning the LAME resulted in that LAME's AWI confirming Brainy's request was valid, and in difference to many on this thread.

When you fix that, and apply appropriate cash……everyone is as safe as practically possible, and happy.

I will respond to "yr rights" disgraceful post above later….when I get time.