PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas back to SFO
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2015, 00:36
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
I accept the airline now has limited choices, but he threw away ALL these aircraft, money and routes for what? RedQ?? Endless orders for aircraft that can't operate longhaul routes? If he was a FIFA exec I could understand it, but he doesn't even seem to be getting a kickback, he is just throwing things away.

I know 3 year olds who are better negotiators than this fool and the board let him loose to throw away our PREMIUM CUSTOMERS (you know, the good ones that make all the money) to EK and now AA??

He is so clearly learning on the job it is criminal. 2009 wasn't pleasant in the US, but the likes of Apple, MS (admittedly from Seatac) Oracle, HP etc etc etc etc etc etc etc did still manage to pay their bills over the last few years. And lets not forget the previous idiot that sold the physical gates (the actual real estate) that Qantas OWNED in SFO.

This is like winning a war by handing all your military hardware over to your enemy. We will conquer the Japanese in a cunning plan by letting them set up base in Honolulu. Think of all the ammunition we will save by not having to shoot any of them.......

- Nice someone appreciated the comment AP, just a shame there is little else to laugh about.