PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR revisited
Thread: RYR revisited
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2015, 17:21
El Grifo

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
RYR revisited

I posted information a while back about a rather unfortunate incident involving connecting RYR flights.

In brief, a delay in the arriving RYR flight from ACE meant that I missed my connecting EZY flight to EDI.

I know the rules. Point to point airline. No form of compensation.

When I went to book a subsequent RYR flight to EDI, I was charged premium rates (about 4 times more than usual) because it was a "last minute booking".

Despite protestations of the obvious nature, both to the desk and by letter, i was politely told to p*ss off.

The discussion here on Pprune was progressing in quite a civil fashion, until the wreckers arrived with their usual personal, snide and offensive comments allowing them to achieve their aim of having the thread closed.

I did not let the matter rest and responded to the standard reply letter with some clearer, salient facts.

When I finally got the second response letter, I nearly fell of my bike.

Here is the part which got me :-
It is each individual customer’s responsibility to ensure that they arrive at the airport of departure in sufficient time to continue their onward journey, even in cases where it is another Ryanair flight. Given the above, we regret that we are not in a position to offer compensation.
I am still wondering what it was that they expected me to do in order to get the preceding flight to arrive in time.

What a bunch of ninnys !!