PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible new humanitarian/rescue operation coming up.
Old 9th Jun 2015, 17:20
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
CM:-
Treating the symptoms won't cure the disease, as you have (in a different context) stated many times here.
and I am unanimous in that!

Seriously, I agree wholeheartedly with your post, and to complete the quote above, you have to correct the cause. In this case, given the myriad regions from which these people originate, that should read causes.

Those who come from that worst of all scenarios, a civil war, should be granted safe haven in my view, both here and in Europe. That has always been UK practice and we should not change. Those who flee persecution by corrupt regimes (of which it seems there is no end) should also be given sanctuary. Those who are economic migrants should be put into refugee camps and offered early return to their own countries ASAP.

All easy to say and damned hard to carry out I admit, but the causes have then to be addressed. The United Nations has totally failed Africa, if not the World as a whole. Somehow it must be made to work, or scrapped entirely in favour of a successor, just as its predecessor was. It would then have to sort out international money laundering, which is the engine that makes large scale fiscal corruption possible. In that regard I suggest it re spots to Switzerland, to cut out the many transatlantic flights to there which would otherwise be required.

There, I've handed myself on a plate. Enjoy!