PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2015, 15:43
James331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It depends upon the company. As you know, there are many. The best are managed by very experienced and capable people. They would not have this childish attitude. They would see your potential.
That's not been my experience, and I get it, they pay for crap, you're not living in the fancy cities, but a guy who can't get a first flying job back home will stick around till he hits 1k or maybe if the company is lucky 1500, ether way the guy is not going anywhere for a while as he has no where else to go, and he'll take some crap and do grunt work. Nothing wrong with that, life of the low time pilot.

Hire a multi thousand hour ATPL, piss him off with poor management or something and he's gone, with those hours and turbine time he doesn't NEED the low ranking job and can easily get a job on better equipment for higher pay and QOL.

Also the management is trained and used to working with low time desperate pilots, most of these pilots are quite young and this is their first "real" job, obviously the work atmosphere and management style are going to reflect this.

I'll stick to what I said, you'll have a easier and better time and QOL working up the ladder instead of down it.