PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - trouble on the Eastern Front....
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2003, 01:59
HundredPercentPlease

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts
No, no, no

Your original post is a touch perplexing. You've heard "stories" about Eastern (all with a common theme), which you're keen to relay here. You appear (by previous posts) to be a Midland employee, so why are you so keen to run down the opposition?

Management maybe? Vested interest?

The reason for my interest is that I also hear stories. Eastern have been very busy recruiting, the loads are good (certainly much improved on the loads that BACX left them with), they make a profit, and they offer a stunning service. If what I hear is correct, then we should not be surprised if their fleet grows yet again in the near future, and this time by the addition of aircraft that will have other regionals very worried.

I have had the misfortune of positioning on several bmi routes, and I'm afraid to report that the product was shocking. Maybe you could tell me how long it takes to train a bmi c/a to be able to dump a "snack" in front of me whilst throwing a glum expression in the opposite direction? How much more do I have to pay to see just one smile? Do they speak?

So Eastern are growing, profitable and popular. Your lot are currently managing the business by the "blind hatchet swinging" technique, so much loved by other successful regionals (BACX springs to mind). Now you are appearing on this forum to slag off your competitors.

Did you think this was a particularly perspicacious (if somewhat transparent) management move, or have I misunderstood? Maybe you're just a loyal employee hoping to avoid the above mentioned "list". When they come your way, just state your Pprune username!

edited for spelling

Last edited by HundredPercentPlease; 19th Jun 2003 at 06:20.