PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 9th Jun 2015, 12:26
VFR Only Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ILS27LEFT
(...) The world of degenerated capitalism is going crazy by the day.
Working for an airline used to be a dream job, today is basically a modern form of slavery. Unfortunately the entire system, not only the airline industry, is designed to maximise profits at all costs, the well-being of human beings is ignored. Large Companies are managed by "bonus seekers" paid to maximise profit by brainwashing their workforce and convince all, including themselves, that a constant improvement is achievable, so constant reduction of costs is the main target. (...) This is the result of massive corporate brainwashing: to expect workers not to take a lunch break or join a Union is now very common.
I am seriously worried about the mental health of this society and I am especially concerned about the future working life of my kids.
This trend must be stopped. How?
Ideology -- once impregnated in people's brains -- is hard to dislodge.
I don't know about other industries, but as long as people like Michael O'Leary are setting the trends in the airline world, only an arresting string of serious accidents clearly attributable to pilot fatigue can cause things to change, and then only because this would be in the airlines' financial interests.