PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 8th Jun 2015, 22:01
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So once again leadie you have not answered one question I gave you.
Yr kidding me……..coming from YOU! The master of never answering sensible straight and direct questions. Unbelievable!!

How many lbs have you written
How many aircraft have u placed on the Australian registerer
How many SOM have you had approved
How many M/R have you issued
How many Casa exams have you done in regards to law in the maintenance field.
How many court case have you been evolved with in the case of a maintenance issue.
Your usual feather ruffling to create an illusion that these very actions somehow make a person an expert at understanding either LAW as it applies,or the laws of physics.

My guess is I have written a few more MR's than Leadsled ever has. A few less than you for sure. But that has nothing do with anything. It just means we know what things to write on a waxy horrible form!

The fact you were grilled in a civil case after a fatal prang, and I agree it was the pilots fault not yours, has nothing to do with knowing what the law says and means. The fact that many CASA FOI's and AWI's do not understand the laws and often screw up application of them is not surprising. But they can't all be correct when some are of differing opinion.

As for what judgements you have seen in court…….well I think we all know they are often flawed as well. And just because you have seen one opinion handed down does not in fact make it correct. Think Azaria Chamberlain.

If the court on the day is convinced by a CASA representative that recommended means mandatory, and the other side does not argue it well enough, then on that day in that court the opinion of one will prevail. Just like the earth was flat for many centuries……until…… All swans are white…..until they discovered black ones when the west of Van Diemans Land was found.