PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2015, 20:19
BEagle

Received 323 Likes on 115 Posts
Ah yes, hats....

Sqn Cdr found an easy solution to my tatty old one - he fed it to vascodagama's new Labrador.....

Although I retrieved it from the monster's dripping jaws having bribed it with a crew room biscuit (or rather, several) - and shoved it into the bottom of my headset bag as a memento. I thought I'd never need it again....until I mislaid my 'real' hat at Incirlik and had to attend the 'O' group meeting wearing the grubby, Labrador-chewed relic......

27mm wrote:
As did a Valley Sqn Cdr back in the 70s; landed at Sleap, thinking it was Shawbs, having made all the right calls.
True! Just before my time, but I gather that they were on a diversion and the Sqn Cdr exclaimed "WTF, Bloggs, it's THERE!! Can't you see the bŁoody place? FFS....I have control". They landed and someone chased them in a car - there then followed a "WTF are you doing on the RW" / "WTF are you doing landing on our test track?" conversation with a chap in a secret prototype Ford of some sort....

The studes at Valley wanted to make a "Welcome to RAF St Mawgan!" sign to greet the Sqn Cdr's return, but were 'persuaded' that This Was Not A Good Idea!