PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES ASSESSMENT iIN MUMBAI
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2015, 17:08
masalama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filion

yes I did read this article and the others and I do agree there is a problem with some of the flying schools here in India but as mentioned earlier a huge majority of Indian pilots have done their basic training outside India and the hiring process into the Indian carriers is robust , at least into the private carriers like Jet, Indigo etc.

Our DGCA needs a major overhaul if they cannot regulate the flying training organizations and it's a few rotten apples that spoil the whole bunch unfortunately. This has touched a raw nerve especially when we all know how much hard work we have put in to become professional pilots and to be branded as fakers does make the blood boil, maybe it's a cultural thing ....

Filion, would you mind telling us how many Indian pilots does EK have ? Also, has EK had any problems with their flying skills or lack of it???

I still think it's better for Indian pilots to stick around in India as the potential for growth in aviation in the years to come is enormous , pay and perks for experienced pilots will only improve and it would be more difficult for carriers in the ME to attract experience in the future .

Btw, is there an assessment in Mumbai or not???

Masalama.