PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pershore Grass strips
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2015, 16:36
GK430

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One small correction Adrian, and please bear with me as I am not media trained.
I only offered what I was lead to understand would happen. I am not one of the Airshow organisers, merely a volunteer who was trying to help out and do the best for those flying in. You know only too well what good information was provided.
What happened on the roads I cannot comment on, however I believe that Vulcan to the Sky have burdened some responsibility for the congestion and have put something on their www. as you may now anticipate very large crowds wherever the Vulcan can still be seen this year.
Bear in mind that this was a pre-booked ticket event and many were in the traffic jam, MINUS tickets and on reaching the access points, this created mayhem.
The organisers were busy clearing the airfield all day on Sunday and with only a small group of family members and even today the clear up with three has continued.
Pre-booked tickets this year as last year, one of the organisers took a terrible financial hit as it poured over the county in the morning, brightened up with all displays having to be funded and a paltry crowd turned out.
Lessons will no doubt be learned and a balance found.
The official website has crashed and bearing in mind the controller of that is at work in a hospital all day, these things take time. A small number of volunteers can only take on so much at once.
I have attended this show on five of the last six years. Three years ago the weather was so ghaslty, we had to change the runway that had been prepared to a different one overnight and that on a disused airfield. Again so few turned
up. This year, probably due to it being the Vulcan's last year and dry sunny weather, the numbers were totally disproportionate to previous expectations.