PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2015, 16:29
owenc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnrizzo2000
Any ideas how the extra DUB-JFK is selling? I'd expect the early departure from Dublin is popular, but the return will probably struggle!

With the aircraft in Dublin from its arrival at 23.40 until departure the next morning, I wonder would EI consider having the aircraft sit in JFK for a few hours, and have the departure around 19.00? That would stagger the JFK-DUB flights to being at 17.30, approx 19.00 and 21.30?
Absolutely no! There are enough flights from the New York metropolitan area that leave at many different times:

10:10pm Delta
6:45pm American
9:00pm Aer Lingus
5:30pm Aer Lingus
7:00pm United
10:15pm United

6 flights isn't enough!? There are no other dayflights to Ireland, if you want a dayflight you need to backtrack over to Heathrow. The dayflight is also the latest dayflight so it is at a reasonable time, plenty of time for connections and no need to get up at 4am! Definitely rooting for this dayflight, i'm booked on it this summer and so happy to be! I think you and others can cope with one 757 flight!! Many people find it incredibly hard to fly at night and jump forward in time.