PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Wish I Hadn't Said That ...
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2015, 12:40
Exascot
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just spent four days working through this thread - brilliant.

Trouble is where does one start. Also with recent reference to Purple Airspace most of my stories come from that 'space' and can't be told.

OK I'll start with PM into Edinburgh, she had arrived at LHR 20 mins late. Asked for a direct route to make doors time. Granted. Asked for visual appoach. Granted. Asked to keep speed up downwind. Granted. ATC told Speedbird ahead to keep speed up as there was a high speed VVIP arrival behind him. He asked what speed, was told 320 kts, he elected to go around behind us. Came screaming around the corner onto finals clean. Dropped gear and flap at the last minute landed on time. Then Turnhouse parked us in a different place that we had disscussed and we were five minutes early on doors time. I tore into ops and told Wg Cdr Ops and the Stn Cdr exactly what I thought of them. This resulted in a personal hand written letter to my Stn Cdr and a hat off cup of tea and biccies with him. 'I agree with you Sqn Ldr Exascot' Glad I said that.

Oh forgot to mention my battered SD hat. He put it in his waste paper bin. I said if he did that I would have to wear my second best one so was allowed to retrieve it.

I think everyone was relieved when I retired.