PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way we were - Ansett, TAA, Qantas
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2015, 12:22
Ida down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only thank Aviation for giving me the life I had. Joined TAA aged 19 years. Thought DC3 was huge. Learnt my trade from the returned bomber pilots, young men who were old men, and had seen to much. Went to PNG and flew the best years of my life, with some of the best pilots ever, returned to MEL, and sent with a former bomber command pilot Peter Kausman and VH MIN, to Boulia to work for the Govt via Mineral And Mining, to criss cross the country, for three years with Scientists and equipment aboard looking for minerals. Why oh why did I not invest what little I had! Sent back line flying, bought house in MEL, they assured me I was now staying there, then promptly moved me back to PNG, as a C and T Capt. Sold house in MEL, so they promptly moved me back. (you older blokes would know the story) do the right thing by us and we will stick the bat up, every single time. As far as I know nothing has changed. 89, saw me pack up the family for Europe, and a 747 endorsement, and finally back home to become one of QF's oldest S/O ever! Now watch the kids fly, and hear their stories, familiar stories, different A/C, different people, but the same complaints! Just be grateful you are part of it, you, me are the lucky ones.