PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 8th Jun 2015, 06:45
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leadie I beg to differ. For one we are no the USA. Second o/h periods are set by an Australian ad. Next recommend is for time in years only. Next I challenge you to get a diffintion for the word "recommended " from Casa.
In the eyes of the court recommend means you must do. Only option is given by Casa as being an option.
Next your example of what an issue of a M/R is also wrong. It was a civil court that said it was different to what the Car states. In fact Casa told the court what the law was in this regard. But the CIVIL court said that a M/R meant that at issue the aircraft should not break down or have any defects for the issue of the M/R. And just in passing how many have you issued.
Turbine engines are trend monitored. By doing this whilst they many not be completely o/h in their life. Modules are often changed. Your being misleading by your comments. I have change a hyd pump on 747-400 for BA it had an faa release. Had to have special permission to use it. On its return just how luck would have it I changed it to another new pump. This one had a jar release with the next s# from the one I had previously fitted. So don't come and feed bull****e about how large aircraft are on condition because they arnt.