PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magneto calendar overhauls - the thin end of the wedge?
Old 8th Jun 2015, 05:09
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Folks,
Just a few comments:

Cessna SIDs are NOT SBs, they are in the manufacturer's MM.

That makes them mandatory for VH- but not N registered aircraft, because FAA maintenance requirements are graded, and found in Parts 91, 121,125,135, not in something called "maintenance" and NOT one size fits all per, CASA.

US piston engine manufacturer's overhaul periods are RECOMMENDED, not mandatory.

None of you has yet come up with an Australian regulation that makes manufacturer's SBs, advisory documents, MANDATORY in Australia, despite me asking the question on several occasions.

Please don't trot out bush lawyer stories, "duty of care" etc., just tell me what Australian regulation make OEM SBs mandatory.

Sunfish,
I do not believe your "light bulb" is a good example of "on condition". With the very greatest of respect, differentiation between "on condition" and "condition monitoring" in this kind of discussion is semantics. As you may or may not be aware, for large turbines, the most important in service monitoring involves fuel flow/performance records, and no two engines have the same gas path rate of wear, with (most of the time) engines being sent for overhaul when the gas path deterioration results in unacceptable increases in fuel flow.

And I am sure you are aware that for components that are "hard time", it is more likely to be cycles than hours.

Tootle pip!!