PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resigning letter of a fighter pilot to his boss 2009
Old 7th Jun 2015, 19:06
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
Curious perspectives on Ken Hayr, who was my AOC at 11 Gp. I shall mull it over, as his SASO [the delightful Dink Lemon] used to come and hide in my office for a filter coffee and a King Edward cigar on occasions when AOC was being "difficult".

Can't say we ever related, but then I wasn't a FJ pilot. I just got boll**ked for wearing a green jumper and shirt with my combat kit [including webbing, and a full water bottle, because I had them] during a call-out ... apparently I was supposed to wear Blue under my DPM. Who would have thought that?

I vividly recall some Lightning incident at Binbrook, involving a VERY low-level visual circuit to get in, where he had half the HQ investigating the rules and regs ... as I discovered when I phoned someone at STC who said something like "You're the 3rd person to ask me that from 11 Gp today ... WTF?".

Whatever, his career was more successful than mine

However, it was a certain Scottish Air Officer who really turned my lights off, along with a few other Gp Capts who really got on my mammaries. Not that any of them cared, of course.