PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resigning letter of a fighter pilot to his boss 2009
Old 7th Jun 2015, 16:12
Tinribs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels explaining things

Not wanting to drift too much but I had a slightly similar experience when the then boss of CFS, IB, threw me out on the first morning of the flying instructors course.

Basically he said the head of standards, BJ, was moving from my refresher school Manby to CFS and had taken against me though he couldn't understand why. If I remained said senior would make my life impossible and would likely fail me at some stage. It was best for me to go now when I had not yet been seen by CFS and it would permanently clear to all that another factor applied

I didn't understand at the time and still don't but I had to give him best for trying to explain an impossible situation to a sprog flying officer.

Some years later said senior broke an airoplane on his last day of service by self authing when the weather was far outside the aircraft limits, I felt good

It was one factor in my early plan to sell my wings to the highest bidder, British Midland

Last edited by Tinribs; 7th Jun 2015 at 16:14. Reason: to make sense