PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2015, 16:07
Beer Baron

Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
It seems that you may be the one struggling with your reading skills Fear Campaign.
So on one hand your saying it won't fly the ULH routes
Nope. Never said that.

A380 pilots you so despise
Ahhh... Never said ANYTHING like that. In fact having been an A380 pilot for several years I'd have serious depression issues if I "despised" said pilots.

Why do I suggest the 787 will replace some A330 flying? Well because it is almost exactly the same size as a 333, burns 20% less fuel and by the time they arrive en masse the oldest A330's will be approximately 15 years old.
why would the company start new routes there? or even return to flying old ones? It costs them more than the A330 by your own admission
Again, your comprehension skills let you down. I did not say the 787 would cost more than the A330 on these routes, I was referring only to crew costs. The 787 will burn about a thousand litres less fuel per hour, pilot costs will be almost almost the same, the savings for the company are obvious. That is why they will start new routes and return to old ones.

Yes, there has been little "concrete" information about the future fleet plan but that is not to say we are making our decision in a vacuum. The Chief Pilot, in emails to crew on the 27th of April and the 27th of May, specifically referred to a "net hull increase, growth and promotional opportunities for pilots".
Given how vociferously you are posting on this forum I am fairly sure you would also be following the discussion on Qrewroom. As such you should have seen the AIPA president, who was comprehensively briefed by executive management, stating that "The 787 fleet plan is for net growth of the international fleet". He also stated that it will fly "a mix of North American and Asian" routes.

Again, as I'm sure you are aware, the AIPA CoM are bound by non disclosure agreements and the company is bound by continuous disclosure provisions to the ASX so they can't provide information much more "concrete" than that. Especially given the board has not yet approved the purchase. But that is surely better information to go on than the worst case scenario (or fear campaign) that you are choosing to believe and broadcast.