PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resigning letter of a fighter pilot to his boss 2009
Old 7th Jun 2015, 08:29
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Resigning letter of a fighter pilot to his boss 2009

My personal expierience as a fighter pilot in the GAF ended 21 years ago. I never looked back and questioned my decision, several developments around the job told me then that it was the right and only thing to do. This POV is unchanged.

Today I stumbled on the following DEAR BOSS resignation letter (US) from 2009 and was wondering, what the situation would be today.

The letter starts a bit down the page and ends with...

And that’s why I’m resigning…long hours with little support, no stability or predictability to life, zero career progression, and senior commanders evidently totally missing the point. Our only real heritage—an unfailing drive for excellence—has gone by the wayside in favor of a culture of square filling. I’ve had it—life’s too short to fight an uphill battle for commanders and staffs who won’t listen or don’t believe or maybe don’t even care. So thanks for the memories, it’s been a real slice of life…But I’ve been to the mountain and looked over and I’ve seen the big picture. It wasn’t all green. But it wasn’t Air Force blue either.
But read yourselve.

Fighter Pilot University :: Dear Boss 2011

After 21 years in an civilian job (not related to aviation) I could write a similar letter to my present employer....
Things never change.

Last edited by RetiredF4; 7th Jun 2015 at 10:10.