PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES ASSESSMENT iIN MUMBAI
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2015, 07:30
Nikita81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The racist card was already pulled out
I've got an e-mail from an Indian passenger asking me to publish his story on my blog. He complained on one cabin crew who didn't want to give him "a bottle" of whiskey. He found it racist. He claimed that all of the cabin crew behaved differently (better) towards "white" people. He, of course, forgot that not all cabin crew are "white" and that all passengers are not "white" (yet, he was the only one complaining on racism and he probably wrote a complaint form and screwed a peace of mind of some cabin crew (because we all know what happens to staff after that). He even went a step further - he wanted to humiliate that cabin crew on my blog, completely ignoring the fact that my blog is serving for completely different purposes.

Why I am telling you this? Because that guy got the same answer which you are going to get now:

This is not racism. Racism is a strong word and it's used when you feel that someone discriminates you (your physical and mental) abilities because of your skin colour and/or a race you belong to.

Same happened with an guy from India (coincidentally) on LinkedIn who made a whole fuss over an ad of an employer who didn't want to employ Indian nationalities. He called it a "racist ad".

It's ugly, it's wrong, it's an open discrimination and it doesn't say nice things about that employer, but it's not racism. That employer wants to employ people from Africa and other parts of Asia (or USA and France), for example (they have better chances to have dark skin colour), so how was that a racist ad?

I also told a mentioned passenger next thing: complaining on racism where there is no racism on sight is, actually, a misuse of a term and when you misuse it, people who are discriminated by their skin colour are damaged.

You are offended by a discrimination (a joke or question in this case) according to your citizenship . Your country (not your skin colour) is discriminated due to some prejudices or some wrong practices that your country is famous for. Let the people who actually are victims of a serious racism complain on - racism.

Last edited by Nikita81; 7th Jun 2015 at 07:50.