PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2015, 07:12
John Dexter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there appears to be some positive news here about the course so I contacted my friend who has been in the "pool" for ~3 years.

Her perception is somewhat different to the other recent posters.

She has been told that the ATP program will most likely close again soon as CTC have way too many ATPers and even normal Wings cadets and won't be able to place them.

The reason it was opened again was due to the Ryanair partnership which CTC anticipated would empty both pools quite quickly.....this has not happened. In fact far from it. Most Wings cadets are turning Ryanair down and a lot of the ATPers have already attempted an interview with Ryanair or also turned them down.

She has heard a few more CTC modular guys (these are the Wing Take-Off folks) have been sent to easyJet but doesn't know of a single standard ATP person getting an invite. Basically she has been offered the opportunity to send her "interest" into CTC for the Ryanair or flybe programs and that is it. Unfortunately she couldn't apply for Ryanair again and has been waiting to hear back about flybe since last year.....without any update.

On the plus side she does know a few ATP guys getting into Ryanair this year. A bit of an expensive way to get an interview which you can get yourself anyway!

@flyingbonnet. My friend is very interested in your situation as she has always been told you can only go for one airline at a time and all other applications would be cancelled or put on hold at that time. Are you saying that you have been offered 2 jobs (i.e. successful at interview and have contract in hand)? Or have (like her) you been offered the opportunity to register your "interest" in these airlines...quite different?