PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Experienced bus guys applying for Ryan Air
Old 6th Jun 2015, 09:17
pianopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count of Monte Bisto

Thank you for your sympathetic words, I really appreciate them.

At the time of the assessment and the subsequent positive result I had been looking for a job for a year, because my former employer had gone bust.
Obviously I don't have to describe the difference between someone who is employed (which I believe most of my fellow applicants were) and someone who isn't, in terms of what they are going through emotionally.
After two months we were put in a hold pool. I thought: "fair enough, I can wait, just a matter of when, not if, I've been through worse."
Then I received a very mysterious phone call from them asking me about what I had been doing after my last flying job. I was unsettled and asked them whether this was going to change anything about the result. No she said.
In hindsight it is clear to me that this call's intention was to select 40 that could be ditched, probably based on whether they had been flying or not.
Apparantly an "excellent" simulator screening accounts for nothing if you haven't seen a real flightdeck for so long.
Another 4 months had passed until we received the crushing news.

Even after what happened, I'm not resentful and I'd still like to work for easyJet, because flying short and medium haul within europe for a stable carrier is what I want to do in the long term.

The main thing is I'm flying now. A few ex Ryanair and SunExpress FOs have joined recently who weren't happy there but are now, which tells me this is not the worst place to be.

sorry to the others for having gone off topic

Last edited by pianopilot; 6th Jun 2015 at 14:28.