PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Line
Thread: Court Line
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 08:41
OUAQUKGF Ops

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Miles Kingsmill Moore

Hugh,

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Father. I remember him well from the time when I was the Teaboy and Ops Assistant at Autair. He was a well loved and popular character who in those days used to fly for Autair at the week-ends. For my sins, apart from dispensing tea and matches for Maurice Rowan's cigarette " Have you got a light Old Man? " I also produced all the crew rosters which led on several occasions to BALPA and their delightful and respected Rep Captain Geoff Cole threatening industrial action. In those days crews could legally be rostered for 16 Hour Duty Periods!

Typically I see that on Saturday August 20th 1966 your father was rostered as First Officer with Captain Len Prudence (RIP) to fly a scheduled service on an Ambassador from Luton to Blackpool and Glasgow and back.

You mention that Miles had a Bentley. In those days your Dad had a Mini-Cooper - see my earlier post when he took a nap on the hard shoulder of the M1. Maurice Rowan (Ops Director) and Pete Dibley (RIP Chief Pilot) both used to arrive at work driving big old black Bentley Saloons and very stylish they looked parked outside the hangar.

Incidentally is Marice Rowan still alive? He too was a charming man.

Hugh it was a privilege to have known your father. Those were indeed the days!

Last edited by OUAQUKGF Ops; 6th Jun 2015 at 09:20.