PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 07:05
FFRATS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overall I think the proposed changes are at face value a fair replacement for a B767 replacement. I also agree with the chance to vote on Cage Roster.

I can however see if it's also a replacement for other AC in the Longhaul Fleet that many more pilots are affected than the normal process, eg. b747- A380 was just a adjustment in Pay %.

The argument that just because other Airlines don't have overtime QF should'nt is weak. Other Airlines in ULH ops also have 2x Capt and 2x FO's or (1x FO,1x SO) on the flight deck but QF choose not too so I guess that should change also...

I'm sure the current batch of Demoted Capts and FO's would welcome that change in base pay and not worry as much about OT. The fact is OT has always made up a large part of take home pay regardless of how you calculate it and define why you got it.

The cage would just spread it around to all pilots.

I think you'll find most pilots are lucky to get to sleep once in the bunk for about 3-4 hours. That's your total sleep for possibly a 20hr stretch. I think that warrants extra payments via some means.
Call it OT or 'Life Shortening Payment' , I don't care but as fearcampaign said -Your still in a f#%ing aeroplane for 14-18hrs....

FFRTAS