PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2015, 06:58
OnceBitten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some competitors also pay more too.

China Southern pay 787 Captains $20,000 a month AFTER tax USD.Thats $312,000 per year NET.
China Southern do not pay overtime for ULR's and night credits, they pay a premium to attract talent. QF have a wealth of national talent to choose from.
If you think that is what you want i'm sure you know where to apply.

[quote]
Had night credits on ULH routes been retained and only overtime given away then perhaps it might be a better sell.

However both overtime and night credits have been given away. So you'll get less money and work much harder than you would had it been on 767 rates

Your trying to compare it to an A380 baron. You should be looking at how it compares on 767 rates. /quote]
That's rubbish, worst case scenario is MDC will still apply to the pattern.
At $300 an hour that is substantially more than a top ranked 767 Capt received in the past, and he/she never received any significant overtime. I also noticed you failed to mention that on medium to shorter routes you will work the same and get paid more, so for you it really is all about the overtime. The 787 has the scope to cover both 767 and 380 flying distance wise, so to disregard the pluses in pay to the medium style flying is cherry picking for your own agenda.

50% time in the bunk presumes one sleeps the entire time.Anyone who flies ULH knows this is not always possible depending on body clock e.t.c
It's a simplistic view.

Your still in a F*&^&% aeroplane for 14-18 hours.
But again I say, so do your competitors.

So I put it to you again Mr FearCampaign, in front of this audience I will ask you this again,

Why does your company need to pay a premium for you to do the same ULR job that your direct competitors/Partners/whatever don't pay?

Anyway, I'm off to do my non-overtime ULR.